Program Home: Composition and Rhetoric at U Nebraska - Lincoln Edit
Faculty Areas of Specialization Edit
- Brooke, Robert - composition theory, ethnographic research, K-12 schools outreach, creative non-fiction, regional and rural literacies
- Condon, Frances - writing on identity, ethos, and academic culture and on writing centers, subjectivity, and the writing subject.
- Goodburn, Amy M - multicultural and critical pedagogies, community literacy practices, and documentation of postsecondary teaching
- Griffin, June - Composition and Rhetoric, Discourse Analysis, Teaching with Technology
- Minter, Deborah Williams - Composition, literacy studies and rhetoric. Current projects include a study of the rhetoric of serious childhood illness in literary and public discourse and a study of the uses of teaching portfolios at the college English level
- Stenberg, Shari - Composition and Rhetoric, critical and feminist pedagogy, teaching and writing development.
From the English department web site:
- Recent graduates have obtained tenure-track jobs at the University of Georgia, Washington University, Hope College, the College of West Virginia, Texas Christian University, Alma College, the State University of New York at Oswego, Plymouth State College, Fairmont State College, Wake Forest University, Evergreen College, Ohio State University, the University of Windsor, the University of Texas at Austin, Schreiner University, the University of Toronto, Flagler University, the University of Wisconsin-Marathon County, and Hampden-Sydney College. Other recent graduates have found careers as Humanities Editor of the University of Nebraska Press, with the Modern Language Association, with the American Council of Learned Societies, as an educational computer software specialist, and as Editorial Assistant for Great Plains Quarterly and Great Plains Research.