Syracuse University - Composition and Cultural Rhetoric (CCR) Edit
Program Information: Edit
Faculty Areas of Specialization: Edit
- Agnew, Lois -History of rhetoric; classical rhetoric; British rhetorical theory; composition theory and pedagogy; rhetoric and philosophy; history of English studies
- Banks, Adam - "I work at the intersections of technical communication, african american rhetoric and technology issues more broadly defined in order to examine questions of access."
- Brooke, Colin Gifford - Writing and technology; information architecture; critical theory; genre studies; network studies; rhetorics of vision and visualization; history of rhetoric/philosophy.
- Himley, Margaret - Writing Studies. Theories of Pedagogy and Curriculum. Queer Studies. Prospect’s Philosophy of Education and Descriptive Processes.
- Howard, Rebecca Moore - Theory of authorship; print culture studies; stylistics; composition history. Sociolinguistics; writing across the curriculum; composition pedagogy; writing program administration.
- Lipson, Carol - Ancient Egyptian rhetoric; Ancient histories of rhetoric before the Greeks; Technical communion, particularly cultural and global issues related to new technologies; Historical studies in the rhetoric of science.
- Pandey, Iswari - Writing and literacy studies, transnational and postcolonial rhetorics, qualitative research, multimodal compositions, English in international contexts, translation, South Asian studies.
- Parks, Steve - Progressive movements, literacy and political rights, community stories, community political power.
- Phelps, Louise Wetherbee - Composition studies and rhetoric. Professional issues and administration in writing instruction and higher education.
- Pough, Gwendolyn - Black feminist theories, public sphere theories, Black women writers, rhetorical theory, composition theory, critical pedagogy, and feminist pedagogy.
- Schell, Eileen - Contemporary composition studies. Feminist theory and feminist composition studies. Rhetorical historiography. 19th and 20th century histories of women's rhetoric. Institutional histories of English studies and higher education. Writing program administration.
|2008||Manisse, Kelly Concannon||Assistant Professor of Humanities, Department of Liberal Arts and Business||SUNY - Canton|
|2008||Qin, Ruby||Assistant Director at the Academic Success Center||University of South Florida|
|2008||Wingard, Jennifer||Assistant Professor||University of Houston|
|2007||Adams, Susan M.||Assistant Professor of Writing||SUNY - Canton|
|2005||Baca, Damian||Assistant Professor of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures||Michigan State University|
|2005||O'Donnell, Tennyson||Assistant Professor and Director of the Writing Center||Mississippi State University|
|2005||Queen, Mary||Assistant Professor of English & Comparative Literature; Coordinator of Writing Center & Freshman Writing||American University of Kuwait|
|2005||Williams, Joseph J.||Assistant Professor of Rhetoric and Writing||University of Arkansas at Little Rock|
|2004||Bender, Paul||Assistant Professor of Writing Studies||Roger Williams University|
|2004||Butler, Paul||Assistant Professor||University of Houston|
|2004||Robillard, Amy||Assistant Professor of English||Illinois State University|
|2003||Carrick, Tracy Hamler||Assistant Professor of English; Director of the Writers' Center||Colby College|
|2003||Jacobi, Tobi||Assistant Professor of Composition/Rhetoric||Colorado State University|
|2003||Murray, Joddy||Assistant Professor of English||Texas Christian University|
|2002||Kahn, Seth||Associate Professor||West Chester University|
|1999||Franke, David||Associate Professor, Director of Professional Writing||SUNY - Cortland|
|1997||Gray-Rosendale, Laura||Professor||Northern Arizona University|
|1996||Lindblom, Ken||Associate Professor and Director of English Education||SUNY - Stony Brook|
According to the program website, their "sole focus in CCR is doctoral education."